Best fish finder for kayak forum information
1. Lowrance HOOK Reveal 9 TripleShot – 9-inch Fish Finder w/Transducer and C-MAP US Inland Mapping Preloaded
- FISHREVEAL: Fish are easier to find and easier to identify. FishReveal combines the target separation of Lowrance CHIRP sonar and the high-resolution images of structure from DownScan Imaging to makes fish light up on your display.
- HIGH-DETAIL INLAND MAPS: Get high-detail maps of almost 4,000 US inland lakes. Create custom contour maps with even greater detail over any map or GPS plotter with Genesis Live, so you can get onto the fish faster.
- TRIPLESHOT TRANSDUCER: Perfect for anglers who want all their sonar from a single transducer, TripleShot features wide-angle high CHIRP sonar and the high-resolution images of fish-holding structure from SideScan and DownScan Imaging.
- AUTOTUNING SONAR: Spend more time fishing and less time reworking your sonar settings with HOOK Reveal autotuning sonar, which ensures you get the best sonar image every time by automatically adjusting settings as fishing conditions change.
- 9-INCH DISPLAY: Enjoy crisp and clear views of your display no matter the conditions – even in direct sunlight – with excellent clarity and daylight visibility of HOOK Reveal’s SolarMAX display.
2. LUCKY Kayak Portable Fish Depth Finder Water Handheld Fish Finder Sonar Castable Kayak Boat Fishfinder Transducer Fishing LCD Display FFC1108
- ✦ Fish Finder and Depth Finder : It is a portable fish finder that could display approximate fish location and water depth. The sonar transducer can be attached to the hull of kayak or boat in order to understand the changing of water depth when you are moving by. The water depth detection range is between 3ft(1m) and 328ft (100m) when the transducer is completely immersed in the water.
- ✦ Helpful Data Display : Besides fish depth and water depth, the handheld fish finder will also display short & tall weeds, sand & rocks on the bottom. Meanwhile, the measurement unit of the depth can be freely switched by feet or meter. The display is also visible in sunshine or darkness by turning on the back light.
- ✦ Handheld & Portable : The size of kayak fishfinder is designed for just one hand held. You will find a neck strap in the package which allows you to wear it around neck when you are busy on the kayak or boat. Meanwhile, 5 levels sensitivity adjustment makes fishing possible both in clear water or turbid.
- ✦ Fish & Fish Schools Alarm : Once the toss fish finder transducer into the water and turn on the display unit, you will get alarms when fish or fishing schools passing by. The portable fish finder can be working continuously for at least 4-5 hours with brand new battery. It can be working even longer by turning on battery save mode.
- ✦ Ideal for Fishing & Fishing Gift : It is easy to use LUCKY depth finder in boat fishing, ice fishing, shore fishing no matter in freshwater or in saltwater. If you are looking for a gift for your husband, father, friends or any anglers, then look no further, the LUCKY fish finder is now better than ever.
- EASY TO USE: The Lowrance HOOK2 4x Fish Finder features auto-tuning sonar and phone-like menus giving you more time to spend fishing and less time dealing with settings.
- WIDER SONAR COVERAGE: The HOOK2 4x offers a wide-angle sonar cone giving you double the coverage of traditional fish finders.
- EASY SETUP: A single transducer can be mounted on the transom, inside the hull, on the trolling motor or through a scupper hole.
- TRANSDUCER INCLUDED: The included Bullet Skimmer transducer gives you traditional 2-D sonar (fish arch) views.
- Includes dual-beam transducer with Garmin Chirp traditional sonar for crystal-clear images and remarkable target separation
- Built-in Garmin quickdraw contours mapping software lets you create and store maps with 1’ contours for up to 2 million acres
- Built-in GPS lets you mark waypoints, create routes and view boat’s speed
- Bright, Sunlight-readable 4.3” display and intuitive user interface
- Rugged design for every fishing environment. Frequencies supported: Traditional: 50/77/83/200 kHz, Transmit power: 200 W (RMS)
5. Garmin 010-01550-00 Striker 4 with Transducer, 3.5″ GPS Fishfinder with Chirp Traditional Transducer
- Clear Vu scanning Sonar shows you more of what is in the water around your boat; This high frequency sonar gives near photographic images with detailed representations of objects, structure and fish
- The power of simple offers a keyed interface with dedicated buttons; The device is easy to use and easy to install; Available in 3.5, 5 and 7 inch display sizes; Water rating IPX7
- Waypoint map: Use the way point map to easily view, mark and navigate to locations such as brush piles, stumps and docks; Maximum depth 1,600 feet freshwater, 750 feet saltwater; Current draw at 12 volt: 0.23 Ampere
- Chirp Sonar sends a continuous sweep of frequencies which provides a wider range of information; Chirp Sonar is able to create crisper fish arches with better target separation
- Built in flasher: View your sonar data in the classic flasher format; Ideal for ice fishing or vertical jigging. Display size: 1.9 x 2.9 inches (4.9 x 7.3 centimeter); 3.5 inches diagonal (8.7 centimeter)
- 4″ High-Resolution, SolarMAX Display. Easy-To-Use Interface with Quick Access to Key Functions
- Broadband Sounder, High CHIRP, SideScan and DownScan Imaging Sonar Options
- Autotuning Sonar. Double the CHIRP Sonar Coverage of Most Fishfinders. Full Chartplotter and Basic GPS Navigation Options
- Add Waypoints, Follow Trails and Navigate to your Favourite Fishing Spots.
- Comes with Bullet Transducer. One-Year Warranty. Five-Year Upgrade Program.
7. Garmin Striker Vivid 4cv, Easy-to-Use 4-inch Color Fishfinder and Sonar Transducer, Vivid Scanning Sonar Color Palettes (010-02550-00)
- Easy-to-use 4-inch color fishfinder with new vivid scanning sonar color palettes to easily distinguish fish and structure; tilt/swivel bailmount bracket included
- Includes a GT20 transducer for built-in Garmin CHIRP traditional sonar and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar
- High-sensitivity GPS to mark waypoints, create routes and view your boat’s speed
- Includes built-in Quickdraw Contours mapping
- PORTABLE: Castable fish detector. Lightweight for comfortable casting, sleek design for easy reeling. No wires or external batteries required. Great for family trips, fishing with mates or casual anglers.
- SMART TECHNOLOGY: Generates its own Wi-Fi. No mobile data or internet required. Automatic night fishing mode. Every scan is automatically saved with time and location.
- EASY TO USE: Fish finder displays fish location and size, water depth, bottom contour and vegetation using the Fish Deeper app. The app is free to download and works with both iOS and Android devices.
- GREAT SPECS: Casts out to 165ft and scans down to 165ft with 40° sonar beam for accuracy and coverage. Every scan is automatically saved with time and location.
- RECHARGABLE BATTERY: 6 hour battery life with 2.5 hour recharge.
9. Venterior Portable Rechargeable Fish Finder Wireless Sonar Sensor Fishfinder Depth Locator with Fish Size, Water Temperature, Bottom Contour, Color LCD Display
- Castable: No more long & heavy cable for transducer. Clear Color Screen: it comes with clear color TFT LCD display (2 screen background colors selectable – black and white), which enables you to read the screen in bright sunlight or at night. It applies to lake, river, sea and other fishing environment. Suitable for fishing from a kayak or boat, casting from the shore or using for ice fishing.
- It detects and displays water depth, water temperature, fish size (small/medium/big), fish depth, and bottom contour. It has Work and Simulation Mode. Measure units of depth and temperature can be converted. Sonar Beam Angle: 90 degree. Depth Range: 2.6-131FT/0.8-40M. Maximum Distance between the sensor and the screen: 262FT/80M.
- No need to drill hole in your boat hull to install the sensor any more. Two small holes on the sensor allow you to tether with your fishing line and cast it onto water as far as you want.
- Note: 1. Press and hold 3 seconds to turn on the display. 2. The sensor will turn on automatically when cast into water. 3. When the sensor is off, its battery Indicator on the display is incorerct. Red indicator light on the sensor will turn off when it is fully charged. If you would like to check the sensor’s battery status from the display, please put the sensor in water. It will turn on when it floats on water. The sensor’s battery Indicator on the display will then display correctly.
- Warranty and Brand Support: The Venterior Portable Fish Finder is covered by a 2-year Warranty. Any issue of the fish finder after purchase, please don’t hesitate to contact our brand support, we will response within 24 hours every day online.
10. LUCKY Portable Fish Finder Handheld Kayak Fish Finders Wired Fish Depth Finder Sonar Sensor Transducer for Boat Fishing Sea Fishing
- ☀ The portable fish finder, with updated 2.4inch TFT color LCD screen(more clear to display), can detect and display underwater contour, water depth, water temperature and fish size(big/middle/small) and fish depth. It has two user modes: TRANSDUCER/SIMULATION. Try all functions in simulation mode and go fishing in transducer mode.
- ☀ Lucky fish finder portable provides you 26FT wired operating distance and 328FT depth detection. Kayak fish finders has 45° beam angle with 200Khz in detection.
- ☀ The fish finder portable is rechargeable. Come with USB cable for charging. The fish depth finder can work continuously about 5 hours with full charge. The brightness of the display can be adjusted. Read the data either at night or in the sunlight easily.
- ☀ Various features settings: Lucky portable fish finder is with updated underwater contour display(3 kinds of display. You can choose, more clear and professional). Also, set up sensitivity, screen brightness, depth range, zoom, depth alarm, fish alarm, fish icon, units(FT/M ℃/℉)alter and language by yourself.
- ☀ Go fishing with the fish depth finder in different ways, such as ice fishing, river fishing, sea fishing, shore fishing, kayak fishing, etc. The bracket allows you to attach the sensor transducer to your boat or kayak.